Friday, July 30, 2010

One more day...


Today is my last full day in Canada. Knowing this, my brain said, "Hey! it's5:30 am! It's daylight out!! Why are you still sleeping?!" to which the rest of my body replied, "Feck off!". However, by about 6:30 the SkyTrain said, "VROOM-WHOOSH-SMASH-SMASH-THUMPTHUMP-SMASH-WHOOSH" and repeatedly exclaimed this every 5-7 minutes until I got up.

So today not only marks my last full day in Canada, it also marks the earliest I've been out of bed (in this time zone) since the Christmas of '98. (Well, that's not entirely true, but it's certainly how it feels.)
Today is my last predeparture orientation, followed by a reception at the Consulate General of Japan's residence. I hope to be able to have some nice photos to update with tomorrow.


(Left: all my belongings!) (Right: Dad and I infront of his house)


Last Tuesday I spent the afternoon with my Dad and Mike, visiting and going for a walk and a coffee. It was a very beautiful day, but rather hot at times. I'm glad I got to spend time with them together before I leave. I was doing pretty good, holding my composure when saying goodbye, but I got pretty teary in the car on the drive home. Sadly, I didn't get to see Georgia that day. (So Georgia, if you're reading this, I'm sorry I missed you!!)
I took a bunch of photos that day, but I think this one is my favourite of us together.
As always, click to view the photos in a larger size! (though I'm not sure anyone cares to see my luggage in more detail haha)

1 comment:

  1. Heyyyy, is that a clip-on watch I seeeeee? :)

    Mary.

    ReplyDelete